"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

How did I get over here?

Wow.......God is so amazing and the fact that he can so completely speak to me in two little verses is just mind-blowing.

"So take a new grip with your tired hands and strengthen your weak knees. Mark out a straight path for your feet so that those who are weak and lame will not fall but become strong." Hebrews 12:12-13



"Take a new grip" for me is all about reconnecting to God in his word. I have been winging it with the "necessary" or as a refresher...but not as a firm grip on God's will for my life.


"Mark out a straight path" is telling me to focus in on what is good and right and holy. My children, and others, will be following where I have walked and I need to leave them a path that is not confusing or obstructed. My walk is about connecting with God first and foremost, but the other intention of God is for me to bring others to Him.


You may be thinking, "Wow! I figured that stuff out in 3rd grade!" It's probably true and I probably should have, but sometimes you take a little step off the path and then hop back on immediately, but sometimes, we take a step off the path and are so distracted by life and problems and struggles that we don't pay attention until we are off in the wilderness trying to figure out where we are. We need to then focus on where we have been and where we stepped off the path so that we can return to the path and begin a journey that is straight and true.


What a great way to end the day.

No comments: