"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Furious

I've recently fallen in love with a song that refers to God's love as furious. Dictionary.com defines furious as follows:

adjective

1.
full of fury, violent passion, or rage; extremely angry; enraged
2.
intensely violent, as wind or storms.
3.
of unrestrained energy, speed, etc.
 
 
Now, I would never define God's love for me as "extremely angry; enraged", but unrestrained energy, speed, etc... yeah, I like that. A lot. I know that God has always been right where I need him, right when I need him, no matter when or where. And the fact that that love can't be restrained? Awesome.
 
 
I also can get the intensely violent, as wind or storms. Sometimes God's love has to sweep in and blow out some of the mess, the clutter of our hearts before we can truly feel him. Sometimes his love is the storm, even though it is painful, the storm shows us his heart for us.
 
 
And my prayer is that my love for God would grow to become furious as well. A love of unrestrained energy and speed. That I would run to him as fast as I can with everything that is in me.
 
 
Furious by Jeremy Riddle
 
 
"Your love is deep, Your love is wide, and it covers us....
 
 
     Your love is fierce, Your love is strong, it is furious....
 
 
          Your love is sweet, Your love is wild, and it is waking hearts to life..."

No comments: