"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Dancing in the Minefields

Wow. It has been so long since I posted anything!

I only have a minute, but I HAD to post my current, new favorite song. Yes, current. I will find a new favorite song in the next few days. It's the way of the music lovers world.

Anyway...

I heard this on the radio a few weeks ago, then didn't hear it again for several days. Then I heard it again, got the title and searched it out. I LOVE this song.

Sometimes I need the reminder of what marriage is supposed to be about. More than anything else, it is honoring the commitment that we made to GOD, not each other. If we always seek to honor God first, then we will naturally honor our spouse.

When was the last time you really thought about who your spouse is supposed to be? Yes, your husband or wife. But they are more than that. They are your port in a storm, your confidant, your sounding board and your reality check. They are the one that God has chosen to show you Himself. And it's the same for who you are to your spouse.

When we look at it like that, that we are representing God to our spouse, well, it changes everything doesn't it? No more excusing selfish behaviors. No more giving yourself permission to be angry for another day. No more blaming their actions to excuse your own.

I love the word pictures in this song. When he sings "we went dancing in the minefields, we went sailing in the storm", all I can see is two people, trusting in God and in each other to not only make it through the challenges, but to grow closer and find joy along the way.

I hope you are as blessed by this song as I am. I hope it makes you seek out your spouse and thank them for honoring the promise.



If you search this song on youtube, you can see the official video by the artist. It is worth seeing.

No comments: