"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Friday, June 13, 2008

Only uncertainty is certain, right?

Will we ever get these bills paid off?
What does a balanced checking account look like?
Is she EVER going to have that baby?
What is going to happen at camp next week?
Are Kevin and I ever going to find common ground again?

I dislike waiting for things. I really do. If there is something I am anticipating I want it to happen NOW! when I am ready. If something isn't going the way I want it to, then it needs to change, quick!

Unfortuately, life sure doesn't go along with my philosophy. There are so many things in our lives that are uncertain. I even have days, lots of days, where I am even uncertain what I should pray for. " God, it's me, I'm really confused again. What's going on?"

In John 14:27 God promises "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful."

How often I trust this to be true in the big things, but in the normal day to day I find myself depending on my own comfort. I always seem to fall short of peace when that happens. Lots of little things build up and I get more frustrated and unsure and fearful until I am at a place where everything seems like a "big thing". If I had just trusted God's peace with the little things in the beginning then I probably would have never gotten to the point where I needed help with the "big things".

So, to answer my own question, wrong, there is someone much stronger than I that I can be certain of at all times.

"Trust in the LORD forever, for in GOD the LORD, we have an everlasting Rock." Isaiah 26:4

1 comment:

gallerhea said...

Hey there!

I just read this entry this morning. How do you keep getting inside my head???? You're starting to creep me out!!!!!!!
--LOL--
:) Gallerhea