"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Quick Update

Sorry I've been gone. Getting time to get a blog written has been put to the back burner lately.

Kevin's first spelling test was great! He got 14 out of 15 right. We were all so excited and I was a little weepy. So, how did he do on the second test you ask? 3 right. *sigh*. We know it is a matter of finding the right mix of incentives, discipline and hard work. We are just struggling to find it. We have already had our first IEP meeting of the year and we basically spent an hour listening to everyones concerns about his abilities. I have to say I left feeling really depressed, worried and overwhelmed. I am still struggling with that. I can't even imagine how Kevin is when confronted with reading. I know he has to see it as a battle that he probably feels he has already lost. If anyone has any suggestions let me know!

Bob and I have refocused what our priorites and are doing our best to spend more time at home. We have been running so much and spending more time focusing on doing instead of being that we are all run down and grumpy. Last week was great. We were actually home more than we were gone. I am a homebody by nature, but I love to run on the weekends. We have been running most of the week as well as the weekends. Too much! So, we have settled into a routine that is healthy.
God has brought a couple of key scriptures to me over the last week and they both seem to work together to answer my questions I have been asking.

Exodus 14:14: The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."
1 Timothy 5:8: If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

The scriptures in and of themselves each talk about things that are unrelated to my concerns but they sure are the exact words that God brought to me. They make perfect sense and work together to give me direction. How amazing that God's word is so alive and vibrant in our "everyday" lives.
Abby just turned one! It has been an incredible year. I am so excited to see what is to come for her!
I will post as I have the time (and computer access!). I want to get back to my regular blogging, I really have developed a love for it!

1 comment:

On Purpose said...

Praying that your family is brought closer together during this time. Time to rest, and renew! God will bless you and you will be rewarded.