"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Called to do the work

You might notice that the tone of my posts will be different now and again. I generally share something that God has shown me, or that I am in the process of being "refined" through. 

But another aspect of my life has taken center-stage and you will be hearing more on it from time to time.

Being a full time stay at home mom.

This is a huge step for me. We have gone into this season knowing that it will have to develop and flesh out in God's way and in his time. Pretty much the only thing I know for sure right now is that I am where I am supposed to be.

I know this because I am nervous. I am only nervous when I am not in control. I guess this being nervous is a good thing. It means I am on a path that God has for me. 

It is exciting too. Knowing I am doing what God wants from me. I know there will be some amazing blessings on this path. I know I will get to see God move and do things that I can't even imagine right now.

God has been really working on me to release control, to push myself to become more disciplined, and to seek out what he has for me in this season. 

I have been memorizing a verse that I want to pray for my son regularly as he moves from his pre-teen to his teen years. It really is what my decision to stay home is all about. David said it for Solomon as he built the temple. I pray it for my son as he grows. But God has shown me that it also applies to my work as a mother. 
“Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the LORD is finished."
1 Chronicles 28:20

Our bodies house our soul. They house our spirit. They are now the temple that we are to prepare for God to dwell in.
"Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?"1 Corinthians 3:16
 "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own."
1 Corinthians 6:19
God has given me specific duties to build these two little "houses" to prepare for his Holy Spirit. My job as a mother is to pour in as much truth, love, encouragement and hope in Jesus that I can; so that as God works on them, an amazing temple- their testimony that will be lived out with that body - will be built. Through God's work, their lives will bring Him glory and the Light of Jesus to the world. 

This is no small order. But wow. 

He is no small God.

No comments: