"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

This week I of course want to honor my husband.

I love that the following video is something that my man takes seriously. He knows that Kevin wants to be just like him, good or bad. I am so proud when my hubby sits down and helps him with him homework, shows him how to mow the yard and how to treat girls, but more importantly, I love that Kevin is learning how to treat women from watching the loving way his dad treats me in the little day-in-day-out ways, that God comes first by seeing his dad on the couch reading the Bible, listening to him pray at night and wanting to serve because he sees his dad serving the people in his life with a humble heart.







My heart just breaks with love to watch Bob with his little princess. It makes me so happy to see her wrap him around her little finger and how he is already teaching her how she should be loved by all those evil boys to come. I love to see his face light up when she comes running up to him when he comes in the door, how he thinks there has never been anything funnier/cuter/more precious/more blessed than the gift of our little girl. I can't wait to see their relationship grow as she becomes a little girl, a young lady, a teen and finally, a woman. We pray that God will do amazing things with her life, and with her Dad setting the standard, I know she will make God proud!



Happy Father's Day honey. I Love You!




Verse 1:
Gotta hold on easy as I let you go.
Gonna tell you how much I love you,
though you think you already know.
I remember I thought you looked like an angel wrapped in pink so soft and warm.
You've had me wrapped around your finger since the day you were born.

Chorus:
Your beautiful baby from the outside in.
Chase your dreams but always know the road that'll lead you home again.
Go on, take on this whole world.
But to me you know you'll always be, my little girl.

Verse 2:
When you were in trouble that crooked little smile could melt my heart of stone.
Now look at you, I've turned around and you've almost grown.
Sometimes you're asleep I whisper "I Love You!" in the moonlight at your door.
As I walk away, I hear you say, "Daddy Love You More!".

(Repeat Chorus)

Verse 3:
Someday, some boy will come and ask me for your hand.
But I won't say "yes" to him unless I know, he's the half
that makes you whole, he has a poet's soul, and the heart of a man's man.
I know he'll say that he's in love.
But between you and me. He won't be good enough!

No comments: