"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Friday, June 12, 2009

What were we going to do again?

If you are like me, you are constantly thinking of things that need done, but will be time/labor/money intensive. I have come up with a way of remembering what all those projects are, and also tracking where we are with money and materials for the project.

I bought a cheap spiral bound index card notebook. It is 3X5 so it is not too large. It has lines so it can be somewhat neat.

Each index card contains the idea for one project. I have ones that say: "Redecorate back entry stairs", "clean out garage", "make sitting area in back yard", "organize scrapbook items", "redecorate kitchen", etc...

They can be big projects or little. They all get put into the spiral. Then as time and funds permits, we flip through the spiral, find one we want to work on and have the funds and materials for, and go to work! When the project is completed we just rip the card out and toss it!

My husband gave the project spiral to our toddler the other day to play with. I told him that he couldn't get rid of it that easily, I would just buy another and re-write all of it.

He just laughed.

No comments: