"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Sounds like life to me

How limiting of us to believe that God wouldn't know our day-to-day worries. We take all the "big stuff" to Him, but never lay at his feet our life worries. Bills. Hurt feelings. unwanted duties. Job stress. Uncertainties.

I think too, we sometimes think that we shouldn't have to deal with all that stuff if we are a Christian. I don't know if we expect God to be above us waving a magic "no struggles" wand, but when life hits us a good one, it takes us a while to get back up. Why is that do you think?

While I was watching this video (I heard the song on the radio today and it just made all kinds of sense) all I could think of was Psalm 139. We should live in the knowledge that Psalm 139 is the true image of God, but we forget that in the day to day of our life. God knows everything about our lives. He knows every struggle, every joy, every pain and every fear. We are to be looking onward to our eternal life, and find the joy in it, but we get stuck in what we think is the misery of this life. If we look around at the majority of this world, then look at our everyday life, well, there's no comparison. We are so blessed and so loved by an amazing God. I guess my main thing that I got from this song was no matter what is going on in my life, God is there, God is bigger and He obviously wants me to go through it. So, I need to quit whining so much and throwing pity parties for myself over every little thing, and LIVE whatever my life is to be.

Sure, some of the lyrics and themes in this song are not exactly what I would want for a TSMS posting, but God used it to illuminate something important to me in my life, so I thought I would share.

It was a good wake-up call for me.

I have posted Psalm 139 below the video. It is the NASB version.





LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thoughts from afar. You scrutinize my path and my lying down, And are intimately acquainted with all my ways. Even before there is a word on my tongue, Behold, O LORD, You know it all. You have enclosed me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is too high, I cannot attain to it. Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will lay hold of me. If I say, "Surely the darkness will overwhelm me, And the light around me will be night," Even the darkness is not dark to You, And the night is as bright as the day Darkness and light are alike to You. For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them. How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand When I awake, I am still with You. O that You would slay the wicked, O God; Depart from me, therefore, men of bloodshed. For they speak against You wickedly, And Your enemies take Your name in vain. Do I not hate those who hate You, O LORD? And do I not loathe those who rise up against You? I hate them with the utmost hatred; They have become my enemies. Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts; And see if there be any hurtful way in me, And lead me in the everlasting way. ~Psalm 139~

For more great songs follow the link in my side column to Then Sings My Soul Saturdays.

2 comments:

Brook said...

I was so excited when I saw your post because I am in the midst of memorizing Psalm 139! I just finished with verses 7-8. I am not much of a country music fan anymore, but I enjoyed this song. Honestly, this song hit a bit close to home for me too. I need to suck it up! (BTW: Did you take note of the washer and dryer at the end of the video? :)

Kristy K said...

This is a great post! Thanks for commenting on my blog. It's neat to see all the others blog out there :).