"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Broken Prayer

I'm so thirsty
but there's water next to me.

I hurt inside
but tears won't help me mend.

I'm lost in time
with my schedule by my side.

I'm oh so lonely
but there are friends all around.

Looking all around me
When it's my neck I need to bend.

Asking only to hear you
I don't stop talking for you to speak.

My broken heart is healing
as your peace pours all around.

Take me.

Break me.

Mold me.

Fill me up again.

Worship washes this heart clean.
Your Word directs my thoughts.
Your spirit guides my ways.
All the good you've done in me
started with an open upraised hand.

Face to you, face on the ground.
laying it down, spilling it out.

Over and over.

Overwhelmed by you,
My forever Emmanuel.




No comments: