"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Moving a mountain with a teaspoon

Have you ever had a task in front of you that felt so huge that it felt like you were going to try to move a mountain with a teaspoon? That's what my scrapbooking feels like. I love doing it, I have tons of supplies to do it. I just have so much that I want to get done that it has felt impossible to find a place to start.

I spent six hours today getting started on that mountain. My good friend April has gently nudged me along the last few months to get my stuff out of storage and to start figuring out what I need to do to get going again. Today we sat and scrapbooked and talked sometimes and sometimes just worked in the blessed silence of no kids, no husbands, no job and no expectation. I have to say I loved it. I got some pages done and have a much better idea of what to do next, so I have to say thank you to April for grabbing a teaspoon, handing it to me, and cheering me on as I got to work.

After all that accomplishment, I came home and decided to get all my paper clutter organized. It wasn't as bad as I thought and a few hours later I am ready to sit down with my loving Hubby and figure out a budget. THAT task will deserve a blog all its own!

1 comment:

April said...

I will always be your cheerleader! :)