"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Just A Day

I love those days that are just good. Nothing special, nothing exciting, just a day. Today I got Kevin up and out the door for school with a minimum of yelling and crying and foot-dragging (he was pretty well behaved too!). Then Abby and I sat on the couch and cuddled during Regis and Kelly. We stopped by the Kids Closet on the way to Springfield and picked up a couple of new toys to play with and then met April for lunch. We went to the grocery store to get stuff to cook tonight and then went home and cuddled on the couch some more. Now she is napping and I am looking out the window, relaxing on the bed. See, nothing special, nothing exciting. But what a lot you can learn on a day like this.

I learned that you can make a wonderful connection just sitting on the couch staring at your daughter and watching all the amazing faces and sounds she makes. I learned that she is excited over any opportunity to learn something new, and when did I lose that quality about myself? I learned that sitting with a friend over a yummy pizza can be the rest that you didn't know you needed. I learned that shopping for something that you know isn't for you is much more fun than buying for yourself.

I have been talking to God most of the day about my small group tonight. I pray for my girls and hope that I can make some kind of positive impact on them in the short time I have them. I pray I don't miss any opportunity God gives me. I look at them and pray that someone will come alongside Abby and love her as much as I do them.

Like I said, Just a day. But it's been a good day.

1 comment:

April said...

Aw, you made me cry. :) I had such a nice time at lunch, we should do that more often. Enjoy that time with her, time flies faster than you realize.