"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Monday, November 10, 2008

I Bow My Head For You Today

I got up out of my toasty warm bed and went into the bathroom that has running water and my handy dandy hair straightener. I got dressed in the clothing that I picked out and then went in and cuddled my baby girl awake. I left my home that I own and got into my car and dropped my baby girl off at her nana's and papa's for the day. I drove to my part time job as an administrative assistant at a crisis pregnancy center. While there I ministered to women with material goods, life skills education and the love and compassion of Jesus. I finished my work day and drove home and sat in the home that I own and watched TV that made me laugh as my son and daughter played and my husband worked in the yard. I sat on my couch and did my study for my women's Bible study group. Then I got on the computer and posted this message about all the things I am free to do and take for granted way too much.

Dear God, Thank you so much for the men and women who have fought and served and struggled and hurt and died so that I could have my normal day. Please bless them with safety and success. Help them to feel You there, right there, next to them in the middle of the fight. Make the loneliness a little more bearable, and the fear a little less overwhelming. God, provide them all the equipment and supplies they need to be effective and safe as they perform their duty. As I lay my head on my soft pillow tonight, break my heart for the soldier half a world away laying their head against the side of a tank to pray, or standing guard over their friends, or who struggles to get past the overwhelming desire to just go home. Bless the soldier that is the new father that has never held his new little blessing, and bless the soldier that has no one to send them letters and cookies and hope. Finally God, wrap the families of these soldiers in your loving arms and whisper the words they need to hear the most directly to their heart. Give them strength and faith and passion to continue on. Bring support and hope to them from every direction. Thank you God for every man and woman, wherever they are stationed. Bless them and keep them safe. Amen


"Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends".
John 15:13

1 comment:

Mrs. Valente said...

What a wonderful prayer. I pray it with you! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!