"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I haven't posted a thankful entry for several weeks. What is wrong with me?!?

1. I am sooo thankful that my colonoscopy came back clear. This is the second one I have had. I don't mind the procedure, but I sure do hate the prep. Then, of course, my mind goes crazy the night before and I totally stress out because I am POSITIVE that they will find something. Of course, they didn't find anything and I am cleared for another five years.

2. I am thankful for my kids. Not for any reason, other than I love them. I still struggle with figuring out Kevin, but I am assuming that that will not change much in the coming years. After all, I have never been a boy, which means I have never been a pre-teen guy, or a teenage boy. I am sure I will be even more confused in the years to come, but will take every second of it. Abby makes me smile and makes my heart happy. I am stocking it up now. She is way too much like her mother for us to continue having a peaceful relationship. The girl is a stubborn spitfire and I am proud as all get out over her.

3. I am thankful that I got to go out to dinner with my hubby. We haven't been doing too much fun lately, focusing on getting our bills caught up and taking some big chunks out of our debt. It is so hard to keep at it when all you want to do is get away for the weekend and relax. We are persevering though, and it is paying off (ha! Get it, paying off? I kill me!) We are planning a family vacation the end of June. It will just be 2 1/2 days, but it is going to be so much fun and I am soooo excited.

4. I am thankful that focusing on paying things off and getting caught up has made me more appreciative of the things that we get to do. I don't take any pleasures for granted, since we haven't got to experience them lately. They seem even more like blessings when we do get to do something special.

5. I am thankful for Jesus' stubborn Love. That man just doesn't let go, no matter how awful, distrustful, disrespectful, obstinate, whiny, lazy, self-centered, self-serving and ugly I get. He still loves me. Ya, he really, really loves me. That is some stubborn Love and I am so grateful that is is attached to me.

For more inspiring Thankful Thursday posts follow the link in my right hand column.

No comments: