"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Book Tag

This came from Growing In Godliness

Open the closest book to you, not your favorite or most intellectual book, but the book closest to you at the moment, to page 56. Write the 5th sentence, as well as two to five sentences following that.

Why not let yourselves be cheated?

The following sentence is: Like Abram, we might have to give up what we want in order to resolve a conflict over personal interests.

This is from Extreme Answers to Life's Tough Questions and is the last line of 1 Cor 6:7

I highly recommend this book. It is a quick reference topical book of scriptures. If you are speaking with someone dealing with complaining, just look that word up (alphabetically, thank you so much!) and there are some scriptures that correspond to that topic. I keep it in my handbag for those out-of-the-blue texts from the teens in our youth group or even for God appointments. I have even given some of them away. The first time I did was to a couple in the hospital struggling to understand and cope with their young child's illness. And best of all, I use it to spend a few minutes with God when I am stuck in traffic, in the waiting room or standing in line.

To anyone reading this blog...you've been tagged.

No comments: