"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Monday, December 1, 2008

I had a good hair day today

I had a good hair day today.

It doesn't happen often. I just don't have good hair day hair. It is unruly and unkempt. Half curls, half waves, and I know you won't believe me, but I have a third half, and it is all kinda straight and disburses itself into the previous two halves.

So, anyway, I was having a good hairday. It didn't take long to do either! Then, I had an ok makeup day. I didn't have to repair any unfortunate smears, such as the one that I tend to get from my mascara. I generally need to sneeze as soon as I put it on, then I have to clean it all off and start again because I look like a racoon.

Finally, I had a really cute outfit. It was black and magenta. I like the word magenta. Makes me think of coloring in my Barbie coloring book as a little girl.

Ya, my blog is random today. Until you get to the next part.

So, God gave me a good hair, makeup and outfit day. You know that is where the good ends right? You just don't get all three and get to leave the house. Nope. You sure don't.

So, I am all ready to head to work. I get all my stuff gathered up (running EARLY no less!) and then go in to wake up Pretty Princess.

I open the door, walk over to her bed and see....

A dried vomit covered Princess.

And Princess blankets.

And Princess bed.

And (HORROR!) a vomit covered Kitty. (to understand about Kitty click here)

I quietly tiptoed back out of the room. Yes I did. Sometimes, if their hair isn't on fire, you just need a few minutes to process.

Apparently at some point she threw up and didn't fuss. Just made a big mess and then went back to sleep.

So what did I do? First, I called the babysitter and told them we weren't coming, then I called my boss and told her I wasn't coming, texted the moms of the kids that she hung out with in the church nursery yesterday, then I went to start a royal bubble bath. After I got the water going and before I got the Princess I went into the bedroom and took one final look at my good hair, makeup, outfited self. Then, I pulled on my sweats, cliped my hair back out of my eyes, and went and tackled my NEW job duties for the day.

1 comment:

April said...

aw, I wondered where you were yesterday. Pour baby, was it a one time thing or was she sick all day yesterday? I hope you're hair was perfect today too.