"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Isn't it amazing how attitude changes everything?

I have been bummed all week about the state of our finances and the fact that we can't do as much this year as we wanted. I love to give gifts to lots of people and this year it just is not going to happen. I have been so focused on my disappointment I just knew finding 5 things to be thankful for would be difficult. I am sure you will not be surprised to learn that once I started working on my list, my attitude quickly changed. I actually struggled with what to cut out to keep my list to 5.

1. Old Navy has a commercial that features the song "I want Candy". Every time that commercial comes on Abby starts grinning and doing her cute little 14 month old dancing. I am thankful for the joy that watching my baby love life brings. God is good and she is proof of His love and desire for us to not just have life, but to LIVE.


2. I'm thankful for the anonymous person who sponsored me for the Women's Winter Event at church. Due to the finances described above, I was not going to attend this year. I called my husband to tell him I was cancelling my spot. I planned to talk to our church administrator tonight at prayer service, but before I could say anything she handed me a ticket and said that it had been taken care of and not to worry about it.


3. I'm thankful that I have a friend that is concerned about me. Every time I update my status on myspace, if it isn't clear or positive, she texts me within a short time to find out what is going on. I know with certainty that she has stood before God's throne for me in prayer on many occasions. never more than a text away, we may not spend as much time together as we used to, but she is always there if I need her.


4. I'm thankful for my friend Richard. Not content to allow superficial relationships, he holds me to a higher standard. He challenges me to be transparent in my struggles and then steps into the mess and offers hope. No longer do I feel alone in the battle of my sons learning struggles. Thank you God for my friend, and the simple phrase "Holy Crap". (It is about no matter the crap in your life, there is holiness to be found in it)


5. I am thankful for my friend Erica. I say that to say this... I never really appreciate how much her unquestioning love of me means until she isn't there. Get better quick girl...I need my hug!


To visit the home blog of Thankful Thursdays, click on the button in my right hand column.

2 comments:

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

What a precious list of things to be thankful for. It was so neat to read how you had an attitude change when thinking of things to list here. You know, that's why I started doing TT!! I needed an attitude change - I am so glad it is encouraging other, too.

Be blessed!
Sonya

Anonymous said...

That is an AMAZING list of thanks. I was on my way home the other day and I spent the entire drive just THANKING GOD for the blessings in my life. It was in retrospect of course all the 'Holy Crap' in my life, but it was amazing to see that even though I was not talking to God often...He was trying to get my attention.

I am thankful for you as you are the only person that I feel I can be completely transparent with about ALL aspects of my life (outside Adam). When we see each other and our eyes light up and we drop what we were doing just to get a HUG...that just makes my week so special.

I miss our hugs too and I am trying to get better, but I seem to be going in cycles. In my head now and going into my chest again.

I just want you to know that it is AWESOME to have a friend like you. Love you girl.