"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Tag

I got this Christmas tag from Sonya

1) Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate

2) Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped with one or two little things unwrapped for fun.

3) Colored lights or white? This year, white (I finally got my "grown up" tree, white lights and bronze and electric blue decorations)

4) Do you hang mistletoe? nope!

5) When do you get out your decorations? The Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving

6) Favorite holiday dish, excluding dessert? my Mom's cornbread dressing

7) Favorite holiday memory as a child? My brother and I would make sure our flashlights were in good working order and make a pact that whoever woke up first would get the other one up before going to look at our presents. We fought all year long, but in the wee hours of Christmas morning we held our promise sacred. We always woke the other one up.

8) When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I have no idea. I just know to this day if I say I believe in Santa that I will get a gift from him...I believe!!!

9) Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? yes. We go to my inlaws for Christmas eve, and then we we get home, the kids get to open one present. surprise surprise, it is new jammies every year.

10) How do you decorate your trees? See # 3 above. I also have a miniture tabletop tree that we received as a wedding gift that has hand made glass ornaments that is on the dresser in the bedroom, and Kevin gets his own tree in his room, so it is full of all kinds of stuff.

11) Snow, love it or hate it? LOVE IT!! I dream of a white Christmas.

12) Can you ice skate? no, too proud to learn

13) Do you remember your favorite gift? My Barbie townhouse as a child, and two years ago I got a hand tied purple and pink blanket from my stepmom. LOVE IT!

14) What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? To acknowledge that it isn't all about me, really not about me at all, but what Jesus did.

15) Favorite Holiday dessert? It's a tie between Oreo truffles and Pumkin chocolate chip cookies

16) Favorite Christmas tradition? Excited kids

17) What tops your tree? nothing this year

18) What's better giving or receiving? Giving! I am so bummed we are broke this year.

19) Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night or Breathe of Heaven

20) Candy Canes, yummy or yucky? one's good

21) What do you want for Christmas? A yellow or green Ipod Nano and new dishes

22) Do you attend an annual Christmas Party? Yes.

23) Do you dress up for Christmas eve? I make everyone put on their individual Santa hats for the yearly family picture. They hate it and I don't care. Then it's jammies for the night.

24) Do you own a Santa Hat? See #23.

25) Who do you normally spend Christmas with? My Man and the kids and I go to his parents for Christmas eve, then we stay home for Christmas Day. My Dad and Stepmom (and brother if he's not working) will come over for Christmas Day Dinner.

You know what's next right?
.....

you're tagged! Just let me know if you post your list.

1 comment:

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

What a fun list! I, too had a barbie townhouse with a real elevator! Loved it!

Sonya