"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Silent Discipline

Check out this video by The Skitguys called God's Chisel.

Oh, if only we could have this kind of experience!

Lately I have been figuring out a simple truth. When we need to be disciplined, we think it will come in a lightening flash moment. A situation in our life where it is obvious that God is refining us. But maybe, just maybe, sometimes we are disciplined by God's silence. Maybe it is in the struggle and the doubt and the fighting to believe, that God refines us by letting us go down the path we have chosen, and letting us hurt, and letting us doubt; All to the purpose of letting our faith test itself out and grow and strengthen.

Sustain me according to your promise, and I will live;
do not let my hopes be dashed.
Uphold me, and I will be delivered;
I will always have regard for your decrees. Psalm 119:116-117

No comments: