"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2008

And who is it that is still not done?

We have a "Service Sunday" every year at our church. I usually duck being in charge of one of the teams because, well, frankly I hate being in charge. I am really irresponsible if you get right down to it.


My husband was in charge of the team that was gutting the basement of one of the homes the church has for visitors, temporary staff and so on.


That's him in the doorway carrying out the leaky toilet. Yep, it leaked everywhere during the project. He is such a great man, a regular Mr. Fix-it. He loves tearing stuff up and knocking things down so this was right up his alley.

This is Kevin and his friend Jessica. They were with the Powerlight team (grades 3-5) that went and visited the shut-ins in our church family and took them cookies they had made. I am really proud of him. He is such a great kid and always has a hug for anyone who needs it. I know this service was right up his alley. I just wish I had been able to go along.



Yep...Here I am. Team leader. That's my friend Jennifer in the KFC shirt. She is amazing with the greatest nick-name ever. It's a great story how she got it. It is J-Mac. That is a story for another day though.

So, my job was to lead the team that was to scrape and paint the wood trim on this house. Yes, scraping and painting. Two things that I absolutely hate. But when I was asked if I would be willing to help the church out, I couldn't really say, "Yes, but only in these certain ways." Now, that just wouldn't be the Christian response. I should respond with a hearty, "Yes! I shall serve my God in any way He calls me!!". Glory Be!

Ok, so I didn't respond that way, but I did say yes before finding out what my assignment would be. I have learned a valuable lesson. Ask first!

So, I had fun and the people on my team were great. Sure, the Jr. High kids didn't exactly scrape as much as I had hoped, and painted each other a little more than the wood trim, but they had fun and that's what matters, right? Well, My dear hubby and my son completed their projects and are happily living in the project free zone. Three weeks later and I am still looking at unpainted trim and triple digit heat indexes and thinking, "Isn't this a great FALL project?"

Yes, I am the lone holdout on finished projects in the family. I really plan to get it done this week. Really. Truly. Uh huh.

No comments: