Once again, it is harder to decide what to cut out so the list stays at five.
1. That I am stepping into a new ministry in my church. I have felt pulled to the women's ministry for some time, but knew it was not in God's timing that I serve there. I also have felt that it is an all or nothing thing. I serve all my time in one ministry and none in others. I know it is not time for me to step away from youth ministry, as I love LOVE the teens in our community, I love my service there, I have grown and am still growing there, and I am good at what I do. I am so glad that God has shown me how to be effective (hopefully!) in each.
2. That I am getting to go away for a couple of days with my girlfriends. I am so busy with what I do in my ministries, as well as work and guarding over my family time (I learned that lesson the HARD! way) that I feel I have neglected some of the friendships that God has blessed me with. I look forward to this weekend to refresh my attitude as well as my relationships with these women.
3. That I have friends that are so affirming and uplifting of me. I am finding that God has given me a talent that I am only starting to poke at. I am not sure what I will do with it, I only know that my friend's have seen this new talent and are already encouraging me and helping to develope and grow it.
4. That it has been TWO WEEKS!!!!!!! since we have gotten a disciplinary notice from Kevin's school. This is such huge deal! I can see that he is trying harder and that he is starting to see that he chooses his reactions, actions and attitudes.
5. That God has, and continues to do mighty miracles in the life of the teen from our youth group that was injured several weeks ago. That his mother recently committed her life to Christ is about as beautiful a thing as I could have wished for this situation, but God continues to provide above and beyond by bringing him further and further back to his former self. He will have lasting damage but nothing even close to what it SHOULD have been and that is all God. If you ever hear anyone say that God doesn't perform miracles anymore, send them my way. I have something to say about that!