Tuesday, March 24, 2009
This is just Fabulous!
I was so honored when I saw my little name listed on Kelli's blog, Faithful Life! What a wonderful thing to say about a person! I invite you over to check out her blog and get to know her, she is really fun!
I was doubly honored when I visited Godsown at My Journey and saw that she had honored me with this award as well. It is a blessing indeed to be acknowledged by two such wonderful women.
OK, so there are two rules that accompany this award:
1. Confess 5 things you are addicted to.
2. Pass the award on to 5 deserving bloggers
Here are 5 random addictions that I have:
1. Chocolate (chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cake or dove dark chocolate promises are my preferred methods of consumption!)
2. I absolutely LOVE The Bachelor, Dancing with the Stars, and Biggest Loser. I get really involved in these shows and then become sad, as if my friends have moved away, when the season is over.
3. being technologically connected. If you see me, I will generally be texting, blogging, twittering or checking my facebook or myspace, or my gmail or hotmail accounts.
4. I become addicted to "going". I don't care what I am doing as long as I am out of the house going. That isn't really a good addiction because it affects everyone and schedules get thrown off and eating times are not regular. Not healthy for toddlers and big kids alike.
5. Trying new health and beauty products (with the exception of my face powder, it works at keeping my skin from looking like a teenager's skin so I am ALL about loyalty on that one!). I love new colors, scents, textures, and formulas. I don't buy the hype, I just want to try it. I hardly ever buy anything the same twice. It is fun for me.
OK, now the really fun part. I get to introduce you to 5 people whom I enjoy "knowing" in the bloggy sense of the word.
1. First, you have to meet Tara at Giggles n' Gulps. She is so random and funny. And did you know she started her own resource website on post partum depression? She is inspiring as well, Ladies!
2. Shanda over at A Teachable Heart
is so inspiring and uplifting for me. She, along with Tara, are two ladies whom I would be honored to meet in the real world. I have really enjoyed getting Shanda's encouragement and insights over the past few months. I'm sure you will see what I mean after you spend some time on her blog.
3. No list would be complete without my friend April over at Ramblings of a Mother and Wife. She's frugal, crafty, creative in the kitchen, dedicated to being real about her life as a wife and mother, and also an advocate for RP. And yes, she is the same in the real world as she is on her blog!
4. I first met Gayle over at The Westie Crew a day before she started her blogging fast. Yes, ladies, this woman has not blogged since February 25th! I decided her blog would be on my top ten list when she posted the most amazing blog about making cake in a coffee cup in your microwave. I mean, how truly beautiful is that! She will be back after lent so make sure you check her out!
5. Finally, I want to introduce you to Kelly over at Kelly's Korner
I followed a link to her blog from another blog, and there I found the most amazing testimony in the making. Kelly's daughter Harper had some pretty serious stuff going on when she was born. Kelly's testimony through it all, and her unwavering faith in God to pull them through the situation, was a blessing to read.
If you have received the award already, then just accept it as confirmation of your blogs impact.