Ok, I really and truly struggled this week to decide on my five. There was a lot of things to be thankful for. Here are my top of the tops...
1. Ok, I know that you guys have been waiting and praying for this one so get ready to laugh, cheer, praise God and just be happy...
our teen that was hit by the SUV was at youth group last night! He looks really good and is doing amazingly more than we ever expected, especially for just four weeks after the accident. He even fussed at us for telling Kevin the truth of his condition...he didn't like the fact that Kevin worried about him. I told him that we have seen Kevin grow in his understanding of prayer through this so we aren't sorry we told him. (I guess this is a two for one praise huh?)Our teen still has quite a way to go, but he is doing great!
2. We had several teens accept Christ last night at youth group. It is just awe-inspiring to see the Spirit move in such a mighty way.
3. Our banquet for the crisis pregnancy center where I work exceeded our goal! This is so exciting. We had several people indicate that they would like to volunteer, and from what I was told, there were a couple of people there that got to hear the message of salvation and hope for the first time! I got to hear the most amazing testimony. Our keynote speaker was Kathy Sparks. I would highly encourage you to follow the link by clicking on her name. I have linked it to her testimony she gave on Focus on the Family. It will be a blessing to you!
4. My wonderful husband. I don't need any qualifiers here. He just rocks and I am thankful for him. (ok, just one little one here: he thinks I am hot no matter what I look like. He REALLY does!)
5. There are some women in the church that I love and have had a friendship with for several years, but we are starting to push below the surface and get to know each other on a deeper, spiritual level. That is a blessing.
* I would like to add a prayer request: I don't know the person that was driving the SUV that struck our teen, but I know she was struggling with it. I don't know what she has dealt with or what feelings and emotions she is struggling with, but I just ask that you pray for God's peace on this situation. That if there is any guilt (we all know that she couldn't have done anything about it, it was NOT her fault)or lasting emotional or spiritual pain, that she would be healed and freed from those situations.
For more Thankful Thursday posts, please follow the link in my right hand column.