"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I want to be like Ruth

Brave
Obedient
Humble
Dedicated
Hardworking
Devoted
Patient
Gentle
Quiet-tongued
Favored
Blessed



Have you spent time with her lately?

I just started to get to know her on a deeper level than to just say hi as I pass on my way to "more important" scriptures.

I am really enjoying my time with Ruth. I am finding that she had a lot to teach us about a lot of things.

I have been focusing on spending more time learning from the Old Testament. Everything in the New Testament is based on what God says and does there. The people that he used, the miracles and wonders that he performed are all there in amazing stories and lessons for us.

What better way to learn God's character than to spend time with the people that he used to reach us?


2 comments:

Shanda said...

Agreed...I have discovered a refreshed loved of the Old Testament in the past year as well.

Tara said...

Love it, too. Have you read Francine Rivers' fiction book on Ruth (Unshaken, I think?). Really good!