"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Friday, April 3, 2009

Forgive Me

How have we gotten to the point where we smile and wear our masks and play the part, while inside we carry burdens too heavy for our soul?

We take our forgiveness like a child's birthday present, joy in it's shiny new-ness, and thank The Giver with heartfelt contentment.

Then we put away our gift, placing it on a shelf to collect dust, while we carry around all the broken things in our lives. Heavier and heavier are the things that burden us, but our pride keeps our struggle inside.

What if we took all that brokenness and weight in our lives and laid it down? What if we picked up that dusty gift from the shelf and cleaned it off, purposing in our life to never set it down again? If we have the shiny new-ness, there is no longer room for all the broken things. If we carry that gift, there is lightness in our step, no place for the weight that has torn us to pieces as we tried to walk through life.

What if we hit our knees and remembered WHO the gift is, and praised with all our heart? What if we ripped off the mask of pride and humbled ourselves to the one who lived and died the perfect example of humility? What if we admit we refused to let go of the world and clinge only to Jesus? What if we cried out: "FORGIVE ME SAVIOR! I decided you weren't enough, but I KNOW the truth now! I want to take you out of the little box of understanding that I put you in because I was too scared of the unknown, help me let go and TRUST! Take all of me and use me as you designed me to be. Help me to love you the way you love me. Your grace and mercy ARE enough."

What would we do with the freedom to live and love in Christ that that would bring? What would we do with the depth and width and height of passion that Jesus holds for us?

What if we lived like we really are forgiven?

Whatever it is, lay it down. He is waiting to give you the peace and joy that comes from a life with him. It may be a struggle to get there, it may hurt and it may seem too much, but keep pushing on.



Follow the link in my right hand column for more songs and blessings.

6 comments:

Angela said...

Thank you for this powerful devotional. It greatly ministered to me..((hugs)))))) Bringing me to the throne of God where I am able to receive grace and mercy....

Deborah said...

"What if we lived like we really are forgiven?"

What awesome words. Why don't we live like we have the power of Jesus Christ in our lives? It is my prayer that today I will begin to live like I'm forgiven...loved.

Thank you.

Marsha said...

Wonderful devo on brokenness and the video was awesome! It actually reminds me of a place here where I live. You walk and walk on the path through this forest when suddenly you find yourself at the top, a grassy bald, and in the middle of the bald is a cross. I wonder if this was done there? It's just too coincidental.

Have a blessed weekend.

Karen said...

The video was awesome after reading your inspiring words...I have tears in my eyes picturing my prodigal as the young man in the video...I agree with Deborah on your question of living like we really are forgiven...thanks for blessing me today!

Anonymous said...

what a humbling song, brings thankfulness to my heart for God! His grace is indescribable....thanks for stoppinh by my blog. nice to meet you.

Tara said...

Wow. I can't tell you how powerful this is to me right now...thank you SO much! Who sings this? And I do need to live like I have been forgiven because I HAVE been forgiven. I've not been living like that, especially this weekend...wanting to beat myself up for poor decisions, when really - it's done. Thank you so very much for sharing this and for God working through you to minister to me this evening. Hugs, sweet friend.