"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2008

What a great day!

First off, my apologies to God. I doubted his ability to give what I asked for. We had a lovely day, low 80's, cloudy with a little sun and glorious breeze. I had to put this picture in just so you could see how He blessed us with perfect weather.











Now, I have to say...Six Flags was great! Kevin was really nervous about the rides but he pushed through and managed to ride everything we would let him. Some took longer than others. It took him most of the day to get the nerve up to ride the Batman but as soon as he did, he loved it! He went on it two more times! Bob laughed at me as I repeatedly checked his safety belts and restraints. I don't care. I was being a mom. This a picture of my guys on the Evel Knievel. Bob is in the orange shirt at the top, Kev is right next to him. This is the first drop and it is quiet scary!








He did great on the wooden coasters (which really make me a LOT nervous!). We all loved the Tony Hawk. It was so much fun to just whip around the turns. We even rode the log flume and carousel, which took me back to the days of amusement parks as a kid.



We played a few of the carni-games and just hung out. It was good family time. We slowed the afternoon down with a ride around the park on the train.








Bob said that he thinks Kevin doesn't have a problem with our relationship, I am the one that is so concerned. I tend to think he is mostly right with a little wrong thrown in. I am really glad that we took the opportunity to go.



Here is the final picture. I took this while we were waiting for the train and I just had to share. I have to say, I think I have a very handsome son and I think he is pretty cool, even though he is getting to the age where trips like this with just his parents are pretty lame. *sigh*


No comments: