"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2009

How disappointing...but not really

I have not dropped three dress sizes and have a flat stomach.

I worked out 5 times this week, what else can I do?

Nah... I'm ok. I didn't get to get the bathroom scales this week but I have done my five workouts (ok, technically 4, but that 5th one will be completed before bed so I am counting it). I have no idea if I lost any weight, or inches, but I feel better. I have slept better and have really cut down on the sweets. I just don't want to be doing all this work for nothing, so I am trying to keep from putting as much junk in my body.

Portion control is much harder than you would think. I mean, seriously! Have you ever actually stuck to portions? I am a taste eater, if it tastes good, I WANT it! So this has been a difficult week for me. I am sticking it out for the most part though.

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?
~ Matthew 6:25


I am so very happy that my friends are helping me. We met twice this week to workout together and it is a great motivator to know that you are going through the same things together. Of course, they are both pretty fit anyway, but I am concentrating on the fact that I will one day be that way too.

I do wish I had some scales though. It would be nice to have either that reward, or kick in the butt, but either way it is a great motivator. Hopefully this week I can get one!

2 comments:

A Stone Gatherer said...

Oh drats! I lost my first comment!! I hate that because I can't reduplicate what I wrote!!! Keep up the good work! 5 workouts a week are aweseme!

Shanda said...

You are doing great! I have heard that it takes 6 weeks to really make a difference. Just as bulbs are planted deep within the ground and you cannot always see that they are germinating and growing you are making progress! Soon the evidence will be seen by all!!