"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Time to get ugly

I am the happy, cheerful, encouraging, go-with-the-flow, do-anything-for-ya friend that doesn't stay down for long!

On the outside.

Inside I feel pretty insignificant. I feel like a failure in a couple areas of my life, and in others I feel like I am just coasting along.

I know what the Bible has to say about these things. I know what God's thoughts are about me, as much as I can anyway.

In my head.

My heart is a different matter.

I let people hurt me, I tear myself down, and most of all, I listen to the little voice in my heart that says I don't really have anything worthwhile to offer, and why would anyone really care?

Natalie Witcher over at Stiletto Army seems to be mounting an attack against this way of thinking, and feeling. It's called Living With Me.

I plan on joining in.

I am tired of the same old song and dance and mask that we all seem to feel the need to wear. That perfect mask that keeps us from letting others see the ugliness in our lives. That mask that keeps us from seeking God's healing.

Would you care to join me?

I think it's time to get a little ugly.

1 comment:

April said...

It is going to be really good. I love quieting down the demon!