"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

10 Days of Bob ~Day 10 ~

In ten days Bob and I will be celebrating our 12th anniversary. So, for the next ten days I am going to tell you about 10 of my favorite things about my hubby.

Today I am starting with his calmness.

Some people may be wondering, "Calmness? What does that mean?" I will explain.

I am one of those people that leads with their emotion and their energy. Everything is alway full throttle with me. It isn't really a good trait. I tend to over-react on a consistant basis. It can lead to wrong conclusions, hurt feelings, and damaged relationships.

Over the years I have learned that it is vitally important for me to look to my hubby to keep me calm and grounded. Sometimes it is good to be passionate about things, but most of the time, I need to allow Bob to assess the situation for the correct response before I leap in and stick my foot in my mouth.

I can only imagine what it is like for him to be stuck with me. I am sure I seem insane to him most of the time. I think that his calmness is the only thing that has saved me on many occaision. If he were to react to things the way I do, he would have been gone years ago.

So, today I thank God for my calm husband.






See ya tomorrow for favorite thing #2!

No comments: