"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

A revival of Prayer is needed my friends

Well, it's no surprise that Blagojevich was impeached. It is a sad day for Illinois. Not for the fact that he has been removed from office. I do believe that it needed to happen. I can't help but wonder what will happen next.

My concern is the fact that it seems like there is a serious lack of prayer as these men and women are elected into office.

When I read numbers that tell me that almost, or over half (depending on the state) of evangelical Christians did not vote in the last Presidential election, I am truly sickened.

Why are we no longer standing up for Jesus? Where are all the men and women who love God and believe in His Word? They are not on the ballots. They are not in the voting booths. They are not, quite simply, in office. Sure, there are a few people here and there, from local all the way up, who are trying to stand up for what they believe, but in the overwhelming tide of opposition, they are making little headway.

When did we decide that it is best to stay silent because not everyone will want to hear what we have to say? I believe in the Bible, I believe it is what God wants and desires for us, and I try to let it lead every aspect of my life. I don't always make it but at least I try. I know what the common arguements are. My favorite is the one that reminds us that even out of the twelve, that only one was left at the crucifixtion. That is true. There was only one. But once the others saw, and TRULY believed who Jesus was and understood what He was calling them to, EVERY.ONE. of them suffered WHATEVER they were called to to further the Kingdom of Christ on Earth. That part is never mentioned in the arguement.

God is not distant. God is not powerless. God is not indifferent. He is here...stronger than ANY power...PASSIONATE about us. He has given us free will to make our own choices. If is seems we are further from Him and His desire for our lives, the only answer we can come to is that we have been making the wrong choices.

I believe that we can change the world. I believe that the power of Prayer is stronger than any force we can, or can't imagine. What would our country look like in just one year if everyone, EVERYONE who believes in God and the truth of His Word, prayed? Not once, but as HE asks us...believing and without ceasing. One year.

Do we want the economy to change? Pray!

Do we want those that can't protect themselves protected? Pray!

Do we want to see the hungry fed? The homeless sheltered? PRAY!

Do we want to see the leaders of our country vote the truth instead of the "dream"? PRAY!

I love our country. I love that it was founded on the belief that every person should be able to worship God without interference from the Government. I would love to continue that freedom. But if we aren't praying, soon we will not be allowed to.

I didn't vote for President O'Bama, but as the President of this country, I will pray for him every day that he will make Godly decisions.

I truly believe that our country would look completely new if there was a passionate revival of prayer.

The sad conclusion is, if we aren't praying, we are admitting defeat without ever allowing Jesus to step into the ring.

No comments: