"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Friday, January 16, 2009

A highly placed accountability partner is found!

When I made the committement to memorize scripture this year I knew I wasn't alone in the process, but I felt like it. None of my friends seemed to feel lead to do the same, so I have been my own accountability partner.

I am not a good accountability partner.

I am on my second verse but I am already struggling to remember verse #1. What is up with that?

Today I was on the Living Proof website (Beth Moore, gotta love her!) and, for the first time, noticed the blog link. We all know I love blogs so I click and get ready to be inspired. Guess what I see? My inspiring verse from Hebrews 4:12!


"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart".

I think to myself, "This is going to be great! I love Beth Moore and I love this verse... I am going to really get something great out of this blog!"

I scroll down and what do I see...

1987 posts of women all over the world who have committed this year to seal scripture in their heart! WOO HOO! Jackpot! I am NOT alone in the crowd!

One the first and fifteenth of each month you just log in and post the verse or verses that you will be memorizing during the following weeks.

Now for the clincher! Beth's memory verse for this week is...

“And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.”
~2 Corinthians 9:8


Can you believe it! (If you are wondering at my wonder, check out my Abound post)
I really feel like my accountability partner is someone much higher up than I had hoped.


I had already picked out my second scripture (Lamentations 2:19a) or I would have joined Beth Moore in memorizing 2 Corinthians 9:8. I had already decided it would be my scripture #3 so it just seems like I was getting a little encouragement today.
If you struggle like I do with memorizing, check out the Living Proof Ministries blog. She has posted several videos with hints and helps at not only memorizing the scriptures but also making them a part of your heart and how to apply them to your life.


I am starting to truly see that scripture is living and breathing in a way I had not known before. It is encouragement, confirmation, correction, a sword, a shield and a personal conversation.

Oh, I knew it in theory, and even had a vague understanding of it, but it is coming alive like I have not experienced before. Maybe because I am being purposeful about it, maybe because I truly desire the connection with God...I don't know.


If you have not done so, once again I would like to encourage you to join me in my quest to memorize scripture. I PROMISE you it will be the best thing you can do for yourself this year!

No comments: