"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Awake-A-Thon

Well, the Awake-a-thon is over!

I look forward to it and at the same time dread it. It is so much fun to hang out all night and play games but as the night wears on I begin to seriously question, "Am I too old to do this"?

I also was in charge of food for the night so basically I was stuck in this rhythm of prepare food, serve food, clean up food. With four feeding times it was tiring. I think it is worth it though. They seemed to really like everything and were really polite and thanked me several times. I just hate having to be the grown up. I want to be out there playing!

I don't want it to sound like I didn't do ANYTHING but serve food. I have to say I rocked out on Rockband. I would be willing to pay quite a bit if they would come out with an 80's & 90's version. THAT would be killer!

It was also fun to watch everyone play dodgeball. I still can't do the rapid bending and whatnot so I was in charge of pictures.

Several of the kids raised a lot of money, one even paid for two others to go to camp so I am really happy with the results.

Bob and I tried to get caught up on our sleep Saturday but with the off and on snoozing and then a rough night for me, I had another of my killer headaches this morning. It lasted til about 7:00 this evening. Hence the question...Am I too old for this?

The answer is most likely yes, but I will try to ignore it for as long as possible. I really do enjoy these activities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog through Natalie's blog Married to the Preacher....I think you have a wonderful sense of humor and Your family is beautiful.
hope you have a great day!