"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thankful Thursday

So many things seem as if they are problems or obstacles, but after a little time has passed, you see how they turn into blessings.

1. I'm thankful for our money struggles. If we haven't been struggling like this, Bob and I may not have learned certain things about our marriage. Example: he is really good at keeping us in our limits but has learned to listen when I tell him something. I am really good at knowing when something has gone beyond a fun extra to a needed time away, but I let him set the limits on how much we spend to do it. We are listening to each other and allowing each other to be the other half of the financial whole, in a good way.

2. I'm thankful for my friend April. She knows when I am just blowing off steam and when I need to really analyze something further. We each have our ups and downs but God has us on a schedule that keeps us opposite...that way there is always an encourager.

3. I'm thankful for my son, Kevin. He struggles so hard to try to get his nature to line up with our expectations. He has been the best helper and very courteous the last few days, going out of his way to try to be a helping hand to me. At 8:00 on a snow day from school he went out to scrape my car windows so that I could go to my chiropractor appointment.

4. I'm thankful that God doesn't answer requests in the way we expect. I have been wanting to get involved with something, and instead of my behind-the-scenes role I had planned I will be taking a HUGE (gigantic, enormous, overwhelmingly intimidating!) step outside my comfort zone.

5. I'm thankful for popcorn with M&Ms. I know...not really something to esteem as a blessing, but man, it tastes soooo good!

God blesses in infinate ways! To see more visit the home blog of Thankful Thursdays by clicking on the button in my right hand column.

2 comments:

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

What a wonderful list of things to be thankful for, and yes even the popcorn with M&M's is something to be thankful for! Think if you lived in another country you probably wouldn't have the priviledge to indulge in such things!

Be Blessed,
Sonya

Yolanda said...

If I could have some popcorn right now, I would be SO thankful.

Doing the braces at over 40 and NO POPCORN FOR 2 YEARS.

Dang, I'm missin' me some popcorn, it is the one thing I have craved.

Bless you and your weekend,
Yolanda