"Blessed is she, who has believed, that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Abound

I have been asked to prepare and give a short devotion at our next ladies event.

Do-who?

Hello, I am the big mouth BEHIND the scenes...not the one in the spotlight. I am really not comfortable up there. It is so...up there. You know, IN FRONT of the scenes. NOT behind the scenes. Not anywhere CLOSE to behind the scenes.

So, I am following up this game where we all start a picture and then pass it around and everyone adds to it and then you get your picture back, but it is not really your picture. It is what you THOUGHT your picture would be, until you let go of it and let others contribute to it.

Kinda like me wanting to serve in Ladies ministry BEHIND the scenes and then they got ahold of my picture and now it is NOT behind the scenes, it is way way way up in front of the scenes.

I am pretty sure I have my topic and half my devotion right here. Yep. I sure didn't see THIS picture of me serving in Ladies ministry coming. Nope. Not what I had tried to draw at all.

Maybe it will end up better.

Maybe it will end up with me passed out up in front of them all because I tend to forget to breathe when I am IN FRONT of the scenes. Yep. I surly do. But you know what...

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work"
~ 2 Corinthians 9:8

Right there, God will give me all the grace I need so that I can abound in my good work.

I had to look up abound so I could really get the meaning of this verse. I think, after reading the definition of abound, that this could very well be my new favorite verse to show just how much God loves me and wants to help me.

Abound:

Verb:
1.
to occur or exist in great quantities or numbers
2.
to be rich or well supplied
3.
to be filled; teem

God's grace will occur or exist in great quantities in me... I will be rich or well supplied... I will be filled to teeming.

Can I do this? Oh yes Ma'am I can.

No comments: